Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Slice of Life, 3-15-12, by Mrs. Hays


Days like this are unheard of in March.  Usually we are still facing blustery days with an occasional blast of snow, but temps in the high 70s?  A true gift.  Just a few days ago the boys wanted hot dogs for dinner, but alas, there were none.  On the way home today, while I was trying to decide what to make for dinner, the memory resurfaced.  I was just sure I could talk a boy into building a fire for me.  I quickly stopped at the store to buy the appropriate supplies.  So upon arriving home, Ethan, the boy scout that he is, whipped up a fire in the fire bowl.  Wesley assisted by playing on the swingset, i.e. staying out of his way.  The cooking then commenced.  I must say, the first hot dogs and marshmallows of the season are always the best.  After dinner, there was more playing and even some fishing.  A good time was had by all.


playing with Zero
getting fishing gear ready
Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment